Goodbye, 80 degree Summer days and hello, sweater weather! Now the question is, how do you make the most of these glorious Maryland Fall days? We’ve got just the places for you!
This orchard and farm is right in Westminster, not too far from the Pennsylvania line, so it’s near several of our communities in northern Maryland and southern, Pennsylvania. They have several things you can enjoy- here’s the quick list, but check out their website for even more info on all the Fall fun they offer!
- Country Style Meals in their Family Restaurant
- Two Markets with Fresh Fruit and Veggies
- Pick Your Own Strawberries, Cherries, Peaches, Nectarines, Apples and Pumpkins
- Over 20 Varieties of their Bakery Pies, Breads, Pastries
- Fall Pumpkin Patch and Hayrides
- Petting Zoo and Playgrounds
- Baugher’s Apple Cider
This awesome farm is right in Thurmont, another town not super far from our homes in southern Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. The best part about this farm? They’ve got a fantastic corn maze! That’s not their only bragging point- here’s a few more, but visit their website for the full layout of amazing Fall fun that they offer:
- Corn Mazes
- Hay Rides
- Small Ziplines
- Pumpkin Patch
- Pedal Cart Track
- Barrel Plane Rides
- Farm Animals
- Mountain Slides
- Moo Choo Train
- Corn Hole
- Apple Cannons
This spot is also right in Thurmont, but this farm’s bragging point is in it’s fantastic pumpkin patch. It’s a great spot to get your next family Instagram photo in with all the happy little pumpkins surrounding you. They’re focused on teaching the value of local agriculture. Their farm features:
- Pick your own pumpkins (and more)
- A corn maze
- An abundance of homegrown produce
- A fantastic store with fresh produce and pumpkin carving supplies
They’re all about pumpkins, which is why they are another great spot to visit this Fall!
If you’re looking for something that’s more low-key, and open all year, this is the spot for you. This market is located right in Bel Air, Maryland. Even better, they have an event this weekend that you can’t miss out on. Here are the details:
- Open House
- October 22nd, 12 to 3 p.m.!
- Meet Farm to Table author Kerry Dunnington, who will demo farm to table recipes from her cookbooks with their produce! She’ll also have her cookbooks available for purchase.
- Dimitri of Greek Super Foods will be here with his famous olive oils and products to sample and purchase as well as Dejon Vineyard offering samples and sales!
This is a great local spot where you will find a great sense of community when hunting for fresh foods for your next family meal!
Well? Have we given you a few ideas? Try and check all these fantastic farms off your list before they close up shop for the winter. Happy Fall!